- 1 kg beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick (3 pcs.)
- 1/4 kg ground beef liver
- 200 grams sliced sausages or ham
- 200 grams pork fat (cut is strips)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 100 grams cheddar cheese in strips
- 100 grams grated cheddar cheese
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 bay leaf (laurel)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- 2 meters thread or string (for tying)
- Spread and stretch the sliced beef on your working table.
- Arrange the filling on the sliced beef: sausage strips, cheese strips, sliced eggs, pork fat and some ground live.
- Roll the sliced beef with all the filling inside and secure with a thread or string.
- Repeat the procedure for the two remaining beef slices.
- In a pot, place the beef rolls and put the water, the remaining ground liver, grated cheese, chopped onions, bay leaves, ground black pepper and salt.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for one hour.
- Add the vinegar and continue to simmer of another hour or until beef is tender.
- Slice the beef morcon, arrange on a platter and top with the sauce/ gravy poured on top.
Use a spoon or two of flour added to water to thicken the sauce.
Use a pressure cooker for faster cooking.
Optional: Garnish with olives before serving.